[Python-Dev] Modules for 2.6 inclusion

Giampaolo Rodola' gnewsg at gmail.com
Sat Jun 7 22:11:34 CEST 2008

On 6 Giu, 13:27, Georg Brandl <g.bra... at gmx.net> wrote:

> - setuptools
>    BDFL pronouncement for inclusion in 2.5:
>    http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2006-April/063964.html

I'd like to see more interest about this issue since it's a real shame
that the current distutils is not even able to solve dependencies and
has such a poor integration with Pypi.
Having a *valid* distribution tool like setuptools integrated with
Python would be the first step to have one of the most important
things Python is currently missing finally available: a centralized
archive of softwares like Perl CPAN or Ruby Gems.
IMHO this should be put on top of the "TODO" list and I'm honestly
surprised it raised so little clamor so far.

--- Giampaolo
http://code.google.com/p/pyftpdlib