[Python-Dev] PEP 371: Additional Discussion

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 14:59:38 CEST 2008

Guido van Rossum wrote:
> Sounds good. (Maybe you want to contribute a patch to threading.py?
> Your implementation notes are important. It could be quite independent
> from PEP 371.)

I created issue 3042 as an RFE to add PEP 8 compliant aliases to the
threading module (including the notes about how to avoid the runtime
performance hit on the old names). Jesse may want to reference that from
the PEP as well.

I'm not sure I'll be able to get to it for the first beta though - I'm
about to go away for a few days, and plan to enjoy my computer-free
holiday :)

Cheers,
Nick.

http://bugs.python.org/issue3042