[Python-Dev] [Python-3000] Removing bsddb module from py3k (was Re: No beta2 tonight)

Andrew McNamara andrewm at object-craft.com.au
Mon Jul 21 02:13:02 CEST 2008

>But sqlite is transactional, can offer cursors, getrange, etc., etc.
>
>I'm still curious as to what deep features people are using in bsddb.

It's not using "deep features", unless you define their on-disk layout
as deep, but it does get used for things such as interactions with other
systems - for example, using it to maintain Radius user databases for a
(proprietary/commercial) Radius auth daemon. But dropping it from the
core won't stop this.

http://www.object-craft.com.au/