[Python-Dev] PEP: Consolidating names and classes in the `unittest`module (updated 2008-07-15)

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Wed Jul 16 01:46:02 CEST 2008

Jonathan Lange wrote:

> My name's Jonathan, and I spell "set up" as "set up" and "tear down"
> as "tear down".

In English, it depends on how they're being used. As
nouns they're single words, as verbs they're two
words.

As function names, they could be read either way, so
it comes down to readability. To my eyes there is no
loss of readability when omitting the underscores,
so simplicity argues for leaving them out.

--
Greg