[Python-Dev] [Python-3000] Reminder: beta 2's schedule for tomorrow

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 17:59:17 CEST 2008

Nick Coghlan wrote:
> Barry Warsaw wrote:
>> A reminder: the second betas of Python 2.6 and 3.0 are schedule for
>> tomorrow.  I will try to hang out on #python-dev today and will start
>> looking at the trackers and buildbots.  Hopefully, we're on track to
>> get the releases out!
>>
>> If there is anything you need a decision on, please follow up to this
>> thread.  I'm inundated with email so I can't watch every thread on the
>> mailing lists.  Or ping me on #python-dev.
>
> I'll be checking in the fix for issue 2235 shortly (the problem with
> __hash__ not being inherited in 2.x). A pre-review from Guido would have
> been nice (since monkeying with typeobject.c is always a somewhat
> delicate operation), but it looks like he didn't get a chance to get
> back to it after Europython.
>
> I'm also going to forward port the underlying implementation to Py3k (so
> that a non-existent hash is indicated by PyObject_HashNotImplemented in
> tp_hash at the C level as well as by __hash__ = None at the Python level).

This is now done. There's some documentation updates still to do, as
well as adding the Py3k warning back in to the 2.6 version, but I won't
have time to do that for this release - I dropped the tracker item down
to deferred blocker so it gets back on the list for beta 3.

Looking at the buildbots, getting the multiprocessing fixes in looks
like it will be a major help in getting more of them to go green, and
the import related lib2to3 tests also appear to need some attention.

Cheers,
Nick.