[Python-Dev] py3k branch still using -fno-strict-aliasing

İsmail Dönmez ismail at namtrac.org
Wed Jul 2 07:25:19 CEST 2008

Hi,

I remember discussing this before and coming to conclusion that
-fno-strict-aliasing would be removed from py3k CFLAGS. But as of now
its still used.

I tested with gcc 4.3.1 on Linux x86_64 and there is no strict
aliasing warning when this flag is removed. Also make testall passes.
Is there any reason to keep this flag? If not see the attached patch.

Regards,
ismail

--
Programmer Excuses number 45: I do object-oriented programming - if
the customer objects, I do more programming.