[Python-Dev] Upcoming 2.4.5 and 2.3.7 releases

Fred Drake fdrake at acm.org
Mon Jan 28 22:56:59 CET 2008

On Jan 28, 2008, at 4:47 PM, Barry Warsaw wrote:
> The problem is that I make separate releases of the standalone email
> package from these branches, so that means that email 3.0.3 or 2.5.10
> will have regressions.

Releasing the email package from the Python maintenance branches is
probably insane.

This kind of thing would be less of a problem if the standard library
were smaller, and the email package only available separately.  It's
also why some of us want a smaller standard library.

   -Fred

--
Fred Drake   <fdrake at acm.org>