[Python-Dev] Organization of ABC modules

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Sat Jan 26 06:55:08 CET 2008

Jeffrey Yasskin wrote:
> That's a good point. Someone already convinced me to name the test for
> numbers.py, test_abstract_numbers.py, so renaming the module makes
> sense too, although I agree that collections, which contains some
> concrete classes, should keep its current name. If others agree, want
> to send a patch?

I'm not so worried about the name of the numbers module, but if Guido
likes the idea of a standard naming convention (such as the ABC suffix)
for classes that use the ABCMeta metaclass, I'd certainly be happy to go
through and update the affected classes and the code which refers to them.

Cheers,
Nick.