[Python-Dev] trunc()

Facundo Batista facundobatista at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 13:28:36 CET 2008

2008/1/24, Jeffrey Yasskin <jyasskin at gmail.com>:

> That needs to be updated and implemented. I think the decision was
> that removing float.__int__() would break too much, so it needs a
> deprecation warning in 3.0.

What I understand here is as int() is "ambiguous", in the future if
you want to specify how you want to convert a float to int.

But ceil and floor returns a float. And round and trunc will return an
int. So, how I could convert a float to its upper int? Like this?:

>>> trunc(math.ceil(.3))
1

BTW, int is not giving me a deprecation warning:

>>> int(.1)
0

Thanks!

--