[Python-Dev] 2.5.2 release coming up

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Wed Jan 23 21:25:46 CET 2008

Giampaolo Rodola' wrote:
>> Also, *nothing* should go into the 2.4 branch any more *except*
>> important security patches.
    ^^^^^^^^^

> http://bugs.python.org/issue1745035
> I guess this one should concern both 2.4 and 2.5 branches.

Egregious though the error may be I can't myself see that a complete new
release is justified simply to include a four-line patch in a single
(not often-used?) module. If it were a buffer overflow it might be
different (but that would pretty much have to involve a C component).

Couldn't we just publicize the patch? I can't bring myself to believe
that 1745035 is really "important" enough.

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden        +1 571 484 6266   +1 800 494 3119