[Python-Dev] Is anyone porting PyNumber_ToBase to trunk?

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Wed Jan 23 17:56:38 CET 2008

On Jan 23, 2008 7:40 AM, Eric Smith <eric+python-dev at trueblade.com> wrote:
> In 3.0, the code to implement long.__format__() calls PyNumber_ToBase to
> do the heavy lifting.  If someone is planning on implementing
> PyNumber_ToBase in 2.6, I'll wait for them to do so.  If not, I guess
> I'll either do it myself, or hack around it.
>
> Is this on anyone's To Do list?  I don't see it on Brett's spreadsheet
> at http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pCKY4oaXnT81FrGo3ShGHGg

I'm sure this is because nobody had thought of this detail until now.
Just get started on it. Feel free to add it to the spreadsheet.

(Anyone who needs an invite for editing the spreadsheet, let me know
the email to which I should send it to -- either a gmail address or an
email associated with a Google account. If you don't have a Google
account yet, go here: https://www.google.com/accounts/NewAccount -- no
gmail address needed!)