[Python-Dev] PEP: per user site-packages directory

Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven asmodai at in-nomine.org
Mon Jan 21 14:03:44 CET 2008

-On [20080116 07:15], "Martin v. Löwis" (martin at v.loewis.de) wrote:
>I don't understand why they *have* to do that. I can believe they do
>that as they don't know better - but why can't they use the Python
>interpreter already available on the system, and just install additional
>packages in their home directory?

Good question. I guess there just isn't a clear and precise document available
to point them at. I'll be glad to (help) write such an article.

>For that, I think the requirements need to be much more explicit.

Yeah, sorry, have not had the time available to verify all cases Christian
reported versus what I can think of. Impending surgery tends to distract the
mind a bit. ;)

イェルーン ラウフロック ヴァン デル ウェルヴェン
http://www.in-nomine.org/ | http://www.rangaku.org/
Where does the world end if the enternal optimist loses faith..?