[Python-Dev] PEP: per user site-packages directory

Christian Heimes lists at cheimes.de
Mon Jan 14 20:46:55 CET 2008

glyph at divmod.com wrote:
> "the" standard directory?  according to what?  commented-out examples in
> some linux distribution?

Yes ... :/
I should be more carefully when I use the word "standard".

> But, now that I've told you what I think in more detail, unless you like
> my ideas and have specific questions, I will try to refrain from
> commenting further, lest I dig my own bike shed here :).

I have no strong opinion on ~/bin or ~/.local/bin. I understand your
point of view and I concur with some of your arguments.

I'm making this discussion point easy for me. I let the others decide!
:) I don't feel like wasting my time on a bike shed discussion unless
it's painted in a different color than blue. I like blue ... *g*

Christian