[Python-Dev] [Python-checkins] r59947 - in python/trunk:Lib/test/test_structseq.py Misc/NEWS

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Mon Jan 14 19:50:58 CET 2008

On Jan 14, 2008 10:41 AM, Christian Heimes <lists at cheimes.de> wrote:
> Guido van Rossum wrote:
> > And I see no need for the new sys.flags object to be a tuple at all.
>
> Correct. We don't need item access anymore. However the struct seq
> should still be slice-able for functions like time.mktime().

Oh, that's a good point. I think it actually doesn't make sense for it
to be sliceable without behaving like a sequence in all (or most)
aspects.

I don't think this applies to struct stat though; I can never remember
the order of the values there, unlike the first 6 of a time tuple,
which have an obvious order.