[Python-Dev] docs.python.org

Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven asmodai at in-nomine.org
Mon Jan 14 15:15:33 CET 2008

-On [20080114 14:54], A.M. Kuchling (amk at amk.ca) wrote:
>I doubt it; instead I think that, once Python 2.6 is released, the new
>documentation system that's now at http://docs.python.org/dev/ will
>move up to become the top page of docs.python.org, and /dev/ will remain
>the trunk version, updated daily.

The thing is:

http://www.python.org/ has a link Documentation, which links to
http://www.python.org/doc/ and from there has a link with Browse Current
Documentation to http://docs.python.org/ - it's kind of confusing with the
Quick Links content at the bottom. You have two choices in the left-hand side
menu that both read Documentation. That's ambiguous.
Add to that that the stylesheet between www.python.org and docs.python.org are
different and the menu structure is also different and it makes for a bad user
experience. And to make matters even more confusing docs.python.org/dev/ has
its own stylesheet as well.

Great work, all in all, but this is bad style (pun intended).

I wonder if a mix between www.python.org's stylesheet and
docs.python.org/dev/'s can be made. The colours of www.python.org's headers
and the links are too similar in colour, plus the dotted line beneath the URL
disappears against the white background. In that aspect docs.python.org/dev/
is a step up.

>Various links on the top page of docs.python.org have become outdated,
>though; I've gone through the page and updated or removed them.

Thanks, much appreciated.

イェルーン ラウフロック ヴァン デル ウェルヴェン
http://www.in-nomine.org/ | http://www.rangaku.org/
What is the short meaning of this long speech..?