[Python-Dev] Bug day preparations: tagging bugs?

A.M. Kuchling amk at amk.ca
Fri Jan 11 22:10:27 CET 2008

On Fri, Jan 11, 2008 at 09:45:14PM +0100, Christian Heimes wrote:
> Please add two keywords, one for bug day and one for easy tasks. May
> "beginner task", "easy" or "novice level" makes a good keyword.

I think marking easy tasks is all we need.  That would certainly be
useful during ongoing non-bugday development, but marking issues as
'bug-day' doesn't seem useful to me.  What would it mean?

> We could also mark complex/hard tasks, tasks which require C programming
> and documentation only tasks, even though I'm not sure how useful the
> additional tags would be.

Shouldn't documentation-only bugs be marked as being for the
'Documentation' component?  The C vs. Python requirement is also
discoverable from the component field, sort of; Library is for issues
in Lib/, which is all Python, and C extensions are the 'Extension
Modules' component.

--amk