[Python-Dev] Passing contextual information when logging

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 17:15:58 CET 2008

Vinay Sajip wrote:
> When I check it in I will elaborate on the class docstring to explain the usage
> in a bit more detail, as well as of course detailing it in the docs in a
> separate section entitled "Passing contextual information to the log" (or
> similar).

Thanks, I understand what you meant quite a bit better now. The comment
didn't make a great deal of sense looking at the LoggingAdapter class in
isolation, but is significantly more meaningful once you start
discussing other possibilities for what can be done in the process() method.

I also like that the design of the class allows users to easily create
their own adapters simply by subclassing this one and overriding the
process() method. I imagine that's why you wrote it that way :)

Cheers,
Nick.