[Python-Dev] Coverity Scan, Python upgraded to rung 2

Thomas Heller theller at ctypes.org
Wed Jan 9 21:14:10 CET 2008

skip at pobox.com schrieb:
>     Christian> I read the announcement of the Python Users list and figured
>     Christian> out that some of the other core developers might be
>     Christian> interested in the news, too.
>
>     Christian> Among other projects Python was upgraded to Rung 2 on the
>     Christian> Coverity Scan list: http://scan.coverity.com/
>
> I went to the run2 page:
>
>     http://scan.coverity.com/rung2.html

On this page, when I click the 'sign in' link, I see the page
  http://scan.coverity.com/maintenance.html
which says:

"""
Scan administrators are performing maintenance on the selected project.

Normally, project members will have received notification in advance of any lengthy unavailability of their project.

Please try again later, or contact scan-admin at coverity.com with any questions.
	Return to Main Page
"""

Could it be that they were a little bit early with the press release,
and the rung2 scanner is not yet active?

> I shows 6 uninspected defects for Python.  How do we see what they are?
> What is an uninspected defect?  Any idea how the Coverity folks compute
> Defects/KLOC?  For example, how does tcl manage to get a 0.0 score?

Seems they are referring to the results of the rung 1 run (what ever 'rung' means ;-).
With the account Neal made me some months ago, I can login on this page:

   http://scan.coverity.com:7475/

and see the scan results for Python.

Last run at 2007-12-27: 11 Outstanding Defects, 6 of them marked "uninspected",
3 marked "pending", and 2 marked "bug".

Thomas