[Python-Dev] [Pydotorg] Do we need both Trac and Roundup?

Stephan Deibel sdeibel at wingware.com
Mon Jan 7 16:10:45 CET 2008

skip at pobox.com wrote:
> Do people think it would be worthwhile to merge the Trac tracker content
> (the issue tracker that holds tickets related to the python.org website)
> into the Roundup tracker (the issue tracker that holds tickets related to
> Python the language)?  While they are nominally distinct activities, it
> seems to me that we must waste some precious resources (mostly people)
> maintaining two mostly disjoint trackers.  There is also some functionality
> overlap, mostly in the documentation area.

It would be great to merge into Roundup.  The Trac instance is ancient
and I've not had the time to try to upgrade it, which would indeed
now be a waste of effort.

When Roundup is ready, please let me know and I can at least make a pass
through the pydotorg tickets to close those that aren't worth moving
over to Roundup.  There are quite a few stale and questionable items.
In fact, it wouldn't be the end of the world to discard almost
all of them, but still worth a review.

- Stephan