[Python-Dev] Backport threading.py fix to 2.5.2?

Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven asmodai at in-nomine.org
Fri Jan 4 07:44:59 CET 2008

-On [20080104 02:46], Guido van Rossum (guido at python.org) wrote:
>See http://bugs.python.org/issue1731. Should we consider it safe to
>backport r57216 to 2.5.2? This is Thomas Wouters's code to disable
>spurious tracebacks when daemon threads die. We're running some 2.4
>apps with (a variant of) this at Google that get many 1000s of
>invocations a day, so I'm pretty confident that it works.

If it fixes a bunch of unnecessary tracebacks which only add confusion whether
or not something is working I'm +1 on it.
Being on the grunt-side of handling bug reports anything that gets rid of
unnecessary bug reports is a good change to backport in my opinion.

イェルーン ラウフロック ヴァン デル ウェルヴェン
http://www.in-nomine.org/ | http://www.rangaku.org/
Light-in-Darkness, lift me up from here...