[Python-Dev] Contributing to Python

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Thu Jan 3 22:10:25 CET 2008

> The question is, is reviewing patches a good place to contribute?  Also,
> if I (and others) could have a "core mentor" with commit access, that
> might streamline things.  As it is, I am worried that patch reviews will
> pass through the ether without leaving a visible trace; that's OK and
> understandable, but it's demotivating.

Keep posting to this list, if you think a patch can be accepted.

If you think a patch should be rejected, it would probably be easiest
if you just close it.

> (I've had a very good experience with Georg and documentation commits
> for GHOP.)

You can only find out what feedback you get on code reviews when you
actually start reviewing :-)

I would like to promise guaranteed responses to you, but I feel that
recently, I found that I cannot keep up with such promises. But I would
hope that some of the active committers will "quickly" commit patches
when they find that your review leaves nothing to be added.

Regards,
Martin