[Python-Dev] Python XML Validator

Medhat Gayed medhat.gayed at gmail.com
Fri Feb 29 00:42:49 CET 2008

I tested and tried a few XML validators but none of them is able to successfully
validate a string of xml (not a file just a string) to programatically be able
to validate messages of xml that flow in and out of the different systems.
Teh validators I used were XSV, oNVDL and lxml, can we implement a pure python
module for validating strings of xml using XML Schema (not DTD).

lxml is good but not written in python and difficult to install and didn't work
on MacOS X.
XSV very poor documentation and only validates xml files not strings.
oNVDL not writtem in python and only validates xml files not strings.