[Python-Dev] Python 2.6 and 3.0 ...and applink.c?

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Tue Feb 26 21:54:34 CET 2008

> If not, I'd like to encourage its inclusion.  Doing so will permit
> Python to be used with OpenSSL 0.9.8x on Windows platforms without a
> user trying to find somebody with the right compiler to rebuild a Python
> for him/her.  This is needed for M2Crypto, or any other OpenSSL wrapper
> for that matter.  A lot more can be said here, but in the interest of
> brevity... ;-)
>
> applink.c is perhaps two dozen links and some error codes, and is benign
> for those not calling these APIs.  applink.c may be found in
> <openssl_source_dir>/ms and the one line include stmt that would be
> added to <py-src>/Modules/python.c is:
>     #include "<path_to>/applink.c"
> That's it.

As others said: please post a patch.

I do believe that this it's *not* that. Including it in python.c does
not help the least. Including it in pythonxy.dll may help.

However, somebody would have to produce a patch, and a test case,
and verify that the problem occurs without the patch, and is solved
with the patch.

Regards,
Martin