[Python-Dev] February bug day outcome

Neal Norwitz nnorwitz at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 09:17:30 CET 2008

On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 12:07 AM, Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven
<asmodai at in-nomine.org> wrote:
> -On [20080226 08:09], Neal Norwitz (nnorwitz at gmail.com) wrote:
>  >I agree with the theory.  However, we have only a single BSD box
>  >currently working and it has been flaky.  Primarily test_smtplib has
>  >been failing sporadically on it.  For example:
>
>  What are the requirements for a build box? I have both a a 6.3-STABLE AMD

No requirements in particular.  See http://wiki.python.org/moin/BuildBot
Pretty much it should have good network connectivity and someone we
can contact who can administer the box.  For example, in the past we
have had to have ports opened up so the tests can pass.  Possibly we
might want to get different version of libraries installed to test
with (e.g., berkeley db v 4.x).

>  Athlon XP 2200+ and an FreeBSD 7-PRERELEASE (STABLE once released) amd64 box
>  I can let compile. The 6.3 box can do it (almost) continuously. I can
>  probably add an Intel Pentium 4 6.3-STABLE box as well.

These boxes are fine and faster than half the current machines.

>  I can probably get NetBSD build bots up as well, just need to ask some
>  people for appropriate access.

It would be best if we get configurations we don't already have.  We
have no NetBSD boxes.  We have one FreeBSD (6.2 supposedly), although
it's 32-bit.