[Python-Dev] Small RFEs and the Bug Tracker

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Fri Feb 22 18:53:37 CET 2008

> We can go one step further: If we change "fixed" and "accepted" as
> "resolved" (for example), we can change all the values directly in the
> database, so they all appear as "resolved" now.
>
> I don't want to propose anything specific regarding words, I'm just
> saying that having eleven options to close an issue are too many if we
> want to keep consistency.

I'd like to point out that there is only one way to close an issue:
set it to "closed" state.

What you (and everybody else) here is talking about the resolution
(i.e. an indication how the issue was resolved). If you propose that
there is only one possible resolution, namely "resolved", then
wouldn't it be best to remove the resolution entirely?

> Note that they're not clear enough to make them obvious, otherwise the
> consensus in this thread would have been faster, ;)

Right. I wish this discussion had taken place before the tracker
switchover.

Regards,
Martin