[Python-Dev] ssl - how to switch back to a plain text socket?

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Wed Feb 20 04:57:52 CET 2008

> Perhaps that would be nice, but switching to plain-text use of the
> socket can be coordinated outside the SSL protocol.  I had an accessor
> for SSL_shutdown, in an earlier version, but there were semantic
> conflicts with the socket shutdown() method, and I didn't think anyone
> would use it anyway :-).

IIUC, RFC 4217 mandates that a TLS shutdown is exchanged (although they
apparently didn't read the TLS spec when they wrote the RFC, as the
TLS RFC doesn't seem to have a protocol primitive called TLSShutdow()).
If the protocol mandates it, coordinating switching to plain-text
outside the SSL protocol is no option, no?

Regards,
Martin