[Python-Dev] trunk-math

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 15:33:37 CET 2008

Christian Heimes wrote:
> Nick Coghlan wrote:
>> I would put the context manager in the math module as well. contextlib
>> is intended for generic context related tools (like nested() and
>> closing() that don't have a more topical home.
>
> I'll reimplement the ieee754 context manager in C once the feature gets
> accepted. For the experimental branch it was much easier to write it in
> Python.

Sounds like a good plan to me - I was just pointing out that contextlib
didn't really make sense as a long term home for the functionality.

For what it's worth, I'm +1 on the improvements to math and cmath, but
keep in mind that I'm not an active user of either module (I use Python
for coordination tasks rather than number crunching).

Cheers,
Nick.