[Python-Dev] XXX - in funcobject.c

Kristján Valur Jónsson kristjan at ccpgames.com
Tue Feb 5 15:58:39 CET 2008

Hello there.

in function_call() in funcobject.c, we have this comment:

/* XXX This is broken if the caller deletes dict items! */

Now,  I wonder what specifically is meant here?  are we really talking about the 'callee' here?
In PyEval_EvalCodeEx() it looks as though all keywords are always INCREFed, so the callee never gets a borrowed reference to something from the keyword dict.

Maybe this comment is out of date, or can someone demonstrate how to break the code accordingly?

The reason I ask is that I am debugging a really tricky crash case on our live servers and I am currently led to believe that the temporary array for the keyword dict is being overwritten somehow.

Cheers,

Kristján,
CCP games.