[Python-Dev] Any Emacs tips for core developers?

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Tue Feb 5 01:47:59 CET 2008

    >> I should have asked this before, but what's so special about core
    >> (Python?)  development that the tools should be different than for
    >> non-core development?

    Brett> Usually the core has keywords, built-ins, etc. that have not been
    Brett> pushed to the release versions for various editors.

Ah, okay.  Barry mentioned something about adjusting the python-mode syntax
tables to include Python 3.x stuff, though patches are always
welcome. <wink>

    Brett> Plus coding guidelines might be different from PEPs 7 and 8
    Brett> compared to what an editor is set to do by default.

That might be a bit more challenging.  I was thinking today that it would be
kind of nice to have a set of predefined settings for Python's new C style
(someone mentioned producing that).  Should that go in the C/C++ mode or be
delivered somehow else?

Skip