[Python-Dev] Python 3 - Mac Installer?

Benjamin Peterson benjamin at python.org
Tue Dec 30 22:59:51 CET 2008

On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 3:45 PM, Barry Scott <barry at barrys-emacs.org> wrote:

> build-install.py seems to have been half converted to py 3.0.
> Going full 3.0 was not hard but then there is the problem of
> the imports.

Thanks for your help, but just today Ronald Oussoren, the Mac
maintainer, spent some time making the installer work. As a result, we
should be ready to go for 3.0.1!

> Python 3.0 does not have MacOS or Carbon modules.
>
> Seems that there are two ways to go.
>
> Put back the Carbon and MacOS modules into 3.0.
> Use Python 2 to build the python 3 package.

I've converted it back to 2.x for the time being. Eventually, I think
some 3.x bindings should be released.

--
Regards,
Benjamin Peterson