[Python-Dev] Releasing 2.5.4

Scott Dial scott+python-dev at scottdial.com
Mon Dec 22 15:47:01 CET 2008

Martin v. Löwis wrote:
> It seems r67740 shouldn't have been committed. Since this
> is a severe regression, I think I'll have to revert it, and
> release 2.5.4 with just that change.

My understanding of the problem is that clearerr() needs to be called
before any FILE read operations on *some* platforms. The only platform I
saw mentioned was OS X. Towards that end, I have attached a much simpler
patch onto the tracker issue, which maybe somebody can verify solves the
problem because I do not have access to a platform which fails the test
that was originally given.

-Scott

--
Scott Dial