[Python-Dev] beginning developer: fastest way to learn how Python 3.0 works

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Sat Dec 13 23:51:25 CET 2008

> Maybe this is the correct list, as my inquiry is about how to learn
> how the current implementation works so that I could consider how to
> implement new features.
>
> So, here's a modified question: If you want to learn how python works
> (not how to program in the python language), what's a productive way
> to proceed?

Well, the question is what you want to learn it *for*. If you want to
learn in order to contribute, I suggest you pick an old bug on the bug
tracker and try to solve it.

If you have a specific new feature in mind that you want to implement,
I again suggest that you just start implementing it. If you don't know
how, then you should ask on python-list how certain things are done
that you might need for the feature, or you even explain to python-list
readers what the feature is that you want to implement, and how people
would go about implementing it.

Regards,
Martin