[Python-Dev] RELEASED Python 3.0 final

glyph at divmod.com glyph at divmod.com
Sat Dec 6 19:48:04 CET 2008

On 10:12 am, thomas at python.org wrote:
>When he learned he had to go
>back and relearn and fix them by hand, his actual words were "if thats
>the
>case, I'm gonna be forced to use another language". I hope that isn't a
>typical example of such a case, but I can partly understand the
>sentiment.

This is an overreaction, but it's a very typical overreaction.  It's
difficult to recover from a negative first impression even if you have
lots of opportunities; in the case of an anonymous user trying out
Python, the user will often stop using it, without telling anyone, and
never come back.  There's no opportunity to recover.