[Python-Dev] RELEASED Python 3.0 final

Fred Drake fdrake at acm.org
Fri Dec 5 19:16:35 CET 2008

On Dec 5, 2008, at 10:25 AM, skip at pobox.com wrote:
> Good.  Now we just need to populate them.  I take it the classifiers
> without
> minor numbers imply any known minor version (e.g., 2 ==> 2.3 and
> greater)?

This is an excellent question, Skip.

There was already "Programming Language :: Python", provided by many
packages.  I think version compatibility relationships meant by each
of these classifiers should be made explicit, wherever it is that
documentation for classifiers is provided.

I don't recall having seen any such documentation; hopefully I just
need to be hit by another clue.

   -Fred

--
Fred Drake   <fdrake at acm.org>