[Python-Dev] Taint Mode in Python 3.0

Maciej Fijalkowski fijall at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 00:38:25 CET 2008

Hello,

The thing is pypy's taint code is broken. Basically you don't only
need to patch all places that return pyobject, but also all places
that might modify anything. (All side effects) For example innocently
looking call to addition might end up calling arbitrary python code
(and have arbitrary side effects). There is a question how do you
approach such things?

Cheers,
fijal