[Python-Dev] [optparse] I wonder if optparse is dead ? because...

Georg Brandl g.brandl at gmx.net
Sat Aug 30 23:11:21 CEST 2008

KLEIN Stéphane schrieb:
> Hello,
>
> I wonder if optparse is dead ? because :
>
> * svn access is down (svn co svn://starship.python.net/optik/trunk optik)
> ( http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?
> thread_name=466F541C.6010804%40users.sourceforge.net&forum_name=optik-
> users )
>
> * last release is out 2 years ago
> ( http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?
> thread_name=20060723161651.GA2076%40cthulhu.gerg.ca&forum_name=optik-
> users )
>
> * Greg Ward mail ( gward at python.net ) and is home page (http://
> www.gerg.ca/) are away
>
> * I'm interested by this feature
> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?
> func=detail&aid=1819510&group_id=38019&atid=421097
> but it hasn't comment since one year ago.
>
> Otherwise optparse is a great module !

Well, the module itself certainly isn't dead since it's distributed
with Python. What might be dead is the standalone version, Optik.

However, we have so far delegated feature requests to Greg and
expected them to be included in Optik first before being merged
to the core. If Optik is no longer maintained, we can do this
directly in the core, with Python's release cycle.

Georg