[Python-Dev] Unicode 5.1.0

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Mon Aug 25 19:53:07 CEST 2008

Barry Warsaw wrote:

> I agree.  This seriously feels like new, potentially high risk code to
> be adding this late in the game.  The BDFL can always override, but
> unless someone is really convincing that this is low risk high benefit,
> I'd vote no for 2.6/3.0.

at least two Unicode experts have stated that they don't think the
changes are that important.  determining exactly what the changes to the
*core* character database was the whole point of my offer to tinker with
this.

(I got distracted due to compiler issues and certain other things to be
announced later, but I expect to have some results later this week).

</F>