[Python-Dev] "error: None" when building extensions under 2.6

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Sat Aug 23 18:34:44 CEST 2008

when I'm trying to build extensions under Python 2.6 on Windows XP, the
build process terminates with single line that says:

     error: None

which is about as useless as an error message can be.  Googling for this
brings up a few hits which all seem to involve setuptools (and none of
the hits contain any answers), but I'm using straightforward distutils
stuff that has worked without a glitch since 1.5.2.  Has anyone else
seen this for 2.6?

</F>