[Python-Dev] New to python, let me know if i should be posting somewhere else

jamesz james.zhuo at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 14:47:53 CEST 2008

Hi,

I am new to Python, so this question that is probably blindingly obvious to
you all.
If I have 2 classes that references each other (a circular reference of some
sort)
and both class are defined in the single file in the order shown.

class Resume(db.Model):
	file_data = db.BlobProperty()
	candidate = db.ReferenceProperty(Candidate)

class Candidate(db.Model):
	first_name = db.StringProperty()
	last_name = db.StringProperty()
	latest_resume = db.ReferenceProperty(Resume)

the Resume class does not know about the Candidate class as this
module is imported, so it throws a error. Is there any way to get around
this problem?