[Python-Dev] String concatenation

Stavros Korokithakis stavros at korokithakis.net
Sun Aug 3 20:12:14 CEST 2008

Hmm, thanks, although I don't see why it was rejected, since it seems to
me that by using the addition operator or triple-quoting all the use
cases would become clearer and not significantly harder to write, while
the (often silent) errors would not happen any more.

The PEP only mentions that "the feature to be removed isn't all that
harmful, and there are some use cases that would become harder", but I'm
not sure that the "harder use cases" (which ones?) justify the error
potential.

Stavros Korokithakis