[Python-Dev] Base-96

Josiah Carlson josiah.carlson at gmail.com
Sat Aug 2 18:09:12 CEST 2008

The standard high-bit-density encoding past base-64 is base-85
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ascii85), which encodes 4 binary bytes
as 5 ascii bytes, versus 3 binary bytes as 4 ascii bytes.  It works,
is an RFC somewhere, ... and maybe should find it's way into the
Python standard library's codec package at some point.

 - Josiah