[Python-Dev] Warn about mktemp once again?

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Mon Apr 28 00:33:14 CEST 2008

Back in r29829, Guido commented out the security hole warning for
tempfile.mktemp:

    r29829 | gvanrossum | 2002-11-22 09:56:29 -0600 (Fri, 22 Nov 2002) | 3 lines

    Comment out the warnings about mktemp().  These are too annoying, and
    often unavoidable.

Any thought about whether this warning should be restored?  We're 5+ years
later.  Hopefully many uses of mktemp have been removed.  If we're not going
to restore the warning perhaps the commented code should just be deleted.

Skip