[Python-Dev] Do we still need BaseAddress in .vcproj files?

Trent Nelson tnelson at onresolve.com
Fri Apr 25 21:49:13 CEST 2008

I just did this locally to all my .vcproj files for .pyds:

-  BaseAddress="0x1e000000"
+  RandomizedBaseAddress="2"

This was partly out of curiosity, and partly because it was quicker doing that than finding a new unique base address to use for a new module I added to my local tree.  Rebuilt everything and ran a full regression test, and everything passed.  What am I missing?  Do we have parts of Python that rely on finding modules at explicit base addresses?  Is BaseAddress a relic from the past?  Christian or Martin?

        Trent.