[Python-Dev] GSoC student introduction and sandbox commit privileges request

Rodrigo Bernardo Pimentel rbp at isnomore.net
Wed Apr 23 01:35:22 CEST 2008

Hi there,

I've just been accepted into this year's Google Summer of Code, to work for
the Python Software Foundation on 2to3. My project is to give 2to3 fixers
the ability to rank how confident they are on each fix, and let users choose
to intervene manually whenever that confidence level is below a certain
threshold. Among other things, this might allow fixers for situations where
the code translation is not always guaranteed to be correct (like % string
formatting, which came up recently in another thread). The full proposal is
at http://isnomore.net/2to3 .

Collin Winter will be my mentor, and I'd like to thank him and Christian
Heimes for all the help they gave me in designing the project. I'd also like
to thank Martin Löwis, for discussing a project with me which ended up not
turning into a proposal, but helped me write the 2to3 one.

Finally, I'd like to request commit privileges to work on a sandbox branch,
during the Summer of Code.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me. I'm
really looking forward to working on this project!

Cheers,

        rbp
--
Rodrigo Bernardo Pimentel <rbp at isnomore.net> | GPG: <0x0DB14978>