[Python-Dev] Known doctest bug with unicode?

Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven asmodai at in-nomine.org
Tue Apr 22 23:12:18 CEST 2008

-On [20080418 18:05], Adam Olsen (rhamph at gmail.com) wrote:
>4. Make doctest smarter, so that it can grab the original module's encoding.
>5. Wait until 3.0, where this is hopefully fixed by making doctests
>use unicode by default?

Getting rid of the u in front of the strings as required made Python 3
indeed run the doctests as they should.

So there's a difference in behaviour between 2.x and 3.0 when it comes to
this part. I guess the better behaviour would be for doctest to honour the
encoding specified in the file/module? If other people agree I can see what
I can to make that work.

イェルーン ラウフロック ヴァン デル ウェルヴェン
Confutatis maledictis, flammis acribus addictis...