[Python-Dev] Need help in MAPI

Antony Joseph antonyjoseph89 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 15:41:56 CEST 2008

Hi,

My Code:
             mapi.MAPIInitialize(None)
            session = mapi.MAPILogonEx(0, MAPIProfile, None,
mapi.MAPI_EXTENDED | mapi.MAPI_USE_DEFAULT)

     I am  trying to send a mail  using the extended MAPI interface, I am
new  to work with MAPI.
I am trying to execute your code,i getting the following exception, and a
popup message of Either there is no default mail client or the current mail
client cannot fullfill the messaging request,please run Microsoftoffice
outlookand set it as the defaukt mail client.
I am using thunderbird as my default mail client , then i set my outlook as
my default mail client.its running fine.
can u tell me is there possiblites to run the code with out changing the
default mail client to Ms Outlook.

if could u find me a solution,that'd really helpfull.

Error:
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop>python mapisend.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "mapisend.py", line 85, in <module>
    SendEMAPIMail(SendSubject, SendMessage, SendTo, MAPIProfile=MAPIProfile)
  File "mapisend.py", line 23, in SendEMAPIMail
    mapi.MAPIInitialize(None)
pywintypes.com_error: (-2147467259, 'Unspecified error', None, None)