[Python-Dev] r62342 - python/branches/py3k/Objects/bytesobject.c

Christian Heimes lists at cheimes.de
Mon Apr 14 23:56:41 CEST 2008

Collin Winter schrieb:
> It should be pretty easy. I'm working on a 2to3 metaclass fixer, which
> could provide guidance for a 3to2 fixer.
>
> Do we want to take this opportunity to create a real 3to2 project in
> the sandbox? If so, I'd like to refactor lib2to3 into its own project,
> then import that into 2to3 and 3to2. I can do the work.

Good idea! A 3to2 project is going to make backporting io.py and other
new stuff less painful and much faster. For the io.py backport I spent
most time on removing annotations and replacing "" with u"".

What needs to be done?

* remove funtion annotation

* Add object to all empty class definition

* replace class Egg(metaclass=Spam) with class
Egg(object):\n__metaclass__ = Spam

* Add __future__ imports for print_function and unicode literals

Anything else?

Christian