[Python-Dev] r62342 - python/branches/py3k/Objects/bytesobject.c

Christian Heimes lists at cheimes.de
Mon Apr 14 23:05:57 CEST 2008

alexandre.vassalotti schrieb:
> Author: alexandre.vassalotti
> Date: Mon Apr 14 22:51:05 2008
> New Revision: 62342
>
> Log:
> Improved bytes_extend() to avoid making a full copy of the temporary
> buffer. This also makes the code slightly cleaner.

Changes to Objects/bytesobject.c should be applied to the trunk and
merged into the py3k branch via svnmerge.py.

We need to agree on a policy how we are going to sync the trunk and py3k
for new code like bytesobject.c and io.py. The former is easy because
the file is almost identical. The later is going to be hard because 2.6
doesn't have annotations.

Collin:
How hard is it to write a fixer that removes all annotations from
functions? A set of small 3to2 fixers for annotations and metaclasses
would make the syncing job much easier.

Christian