[Python-Dev] thoughts on having EOFError inherit from EnvironmentError?

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Mon Apr 14 21:12:27 CEST 2008

Offhand, -0. I don't think of EOFError as an environmental error. Its
primary purpose was to have something raised by raw_input() (in 3.0,
input()) when there is no more input. This is quite a different level
of error than what EnvironmentError typically means (a problem in the
filesystem or network, or a permissions thing).