[Python-Dev] very bad network performance

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Mon Apr 14 19:56:17 CEST 2008

Ralf,

Terry is right. Please file a bug. I do think there may be a problem
with that change but I don't have the time to review it in depth.
Hopefully others will. I do recall that sockets reading one byte at a
time has been a problem before -- I recall a bug about this in the
1.5.2 era for Windows... Too bad it's back. :-(

--Guido